HostZion seeks to recruit two suitably qualified IT Support Assistants to fill the two vacant positions available at the Iganga Field Office
The IT Support Assistant will play a multifaceted role in assisting clients with website design, development, and web hosting-related technical issues.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
In the execution of their roles, the IT Support Assistants will bridge the gap between design and technical support. The specific roles and responsibilities for the IT Support Assistants will include:
Web Design IT Support Responsibilities:
- Website Creation: Collaborating with clients to design, create, and update websites, ensuring they are visually appealing, user-friendly, and aligned with the client’s brand and objectives.
- Graphic Design: Creating or editing graphics, images, and other visual elements for websites.
- Responsive Design: Ensuring that websites are responsive and compatible with various devices and screen sizes.
- User Experience (UX) Design: Focusing on the user’s journey and optimizing website layouts for an excellent user experience.
- Content Integration: Adding, formatting, and optimizing content, including text, images, videos, and other multimedia elements.
- Web Design Tools: Proficiency in web design tools and platforms such as WordPress, and website builders.
- Client Communication: Regularly communicating with clients to gather requirements, provide updates, and make design-related recommendations.
Web Hosting IT Support Responsibilities:
- Technical Support: Providing technical assistance to clients using web hosting services, addressing server, website, and email-related issues.
- Troubleshooting: Identifying and resolving technical problems, including server outages, website downtime, and email issues.
- Server Management: Assisting with server setup, maintenance, and optimization, including web, database, and email servers.
- Security Support: Addressing security concerns, such as malware detection and removal, SSL certificate installation, and firewall configuration.
- Control Panel Usage: Guiding clients on how to use web hosting control panels (e.g., cPanel, Plesk) to manage their hosting accounts.
- Domain Management: Assisting clients with domain registration, DNS management, and domain transfers.
- Email Support: Configuring and troubleshooting email services, including email client setup and spam filtering.
- Content Management Systems (CMS): Guiding clients in using popular CMS platforms (e.g., WordPress, Joomla, Drupal) and troubleshooting CMS-related issues.
- Backup and Recovery: Assisting clients with website and data backups, as well as data recovery in the event of data loss.
- Performance Optimization: Recommending and implementing optimizations to improve website and server performance.
- Documentation: Creating and maintaining knowledge base articles, tutorials, and guides for clients to resolve common issues independently.
- Vendor Liaison: Communicating with hosting service providers, domain registrars, or third-party vendors to address technical issues or service enhancements.
- Compliance: Ensuring that hosting services comply with industry regulations and security standards.
- Monitoring: Regularly monitoring server performance, uptime, and security to proactively address potential issues.
- Stay Informed: Keeping up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in web design, server management, and IT support.
Personal Specifications and Skills
The IT Support Assistants at HostZion typically require a combination of technical and creative skills to excel in this role. Here are the essential skills that will be required of this position:
- Web Design Tools: Proficiency in web design software and tools.
- HTML/CSS: Strong understanding of HTML and CSS for creating and customizing web page layouts and styles.
- Responsive Design: Knowledge of responsive web design principles to ensure websites work well on various devices and screen sizes.
- Content Management Systems (CMS): Experience with popular CMS platforms like WordPress and the ability to customize and manage websites using these systems.
- Graphic Design: Skills in graphic design, including creating or editing images, logos, and other visual content for websites.
- Web Hosting: Familiarity with web hosting platforms and control panels (e.g., cPanel, Plesk) for managing hosting accounts.
- Domain Management: Knowledge of domain registration, DNS configuration, and domain transfers.
- Troubleshooting: Strong technical problem-solving skills to address web hosting and website-related issues effectively.
- Security: Awareness of website security practices, including SSL certificate installation, firewall configuration, and malware detection.
Customer Support Skills:
- Customer Service: Excellent customer service and communication skills for assisting clients, understanding their requirements, and providing support.
- Documentation: Ability to create user guides and documentation for clients to help them manage their websites and hosting accounts.
- Technical Support: Experience in providing technical support to clients, addressing hosting and website-related issues.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey technical information clearly to non-technical clients.
- Time Management: Efficient time management to meet project deadlines and handle client requests promptly.
- Self-Motivation: Self-discipline and motivation to work independently and continuously improve your skills.
- Teamwork: Collaboration skills to work effectively with other team members and departments.
- Business Acumen: Understanding of business concepts and goals to align web design and hosting support with clients’ objectives.
These skills and qualifications are valuable for the IT Support Assistant, as the role involves a mix of technical expertise and customer-oriented tasks. The ability to balance creative design with technical support is essential in providing a comprehensive service to clients.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Web Design or a related field.
Candidates interested in the IT Support Assistant job should apply using the form below and attach their cover letters, up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of academic documents, all as a single pdf before Wednesday, November 22, 2023, 05:00 PM East African Time.
The cover letters should be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Room 31, 2nd Floor, Kubonaku Plaza,
Plot 96, Main Streat, Iganga, Uganda (E.A)
The up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) should include contacts of at least three referees (preferably former employers, supervisors or workmates where possible) clearly stating their relationship with the candidate. As part of the content of the CV, a list of all social media platforms where the candidate is active should be included.